My bowiea volubilis bulb (BV1) that was already starting to grow when I got it is doing well. I did find a mealy bug hiding in the papery skin around the base of the vine. I removed the mealy, removed the loose papery part, and checked as well as I could for any others. There probably are more. I think I am going to pick up a systemic for my plants, as one or two of my orchids has had mealy problems as well.
I do still need to pick up or make a little trellis for my friend to grow on.
The second and third bulb have still remained dormant. Two days ago, I took the second bulb (BV2) and trimmed off dead roots from the bottom. I could see little root nubs under that, but it looked like they were probably having difficulty reaching the soil through the dead roots. I noticed last night that there is a little speck of green at the top of this bulb, where the vine is just beginning to grow.
It’s really hard to get a clear picture of the little speck of green where the vine is beginning to grow. I can barely see it clearly, so my phone’s camera cannot focus on it.
I also did a little trim on the roots of the teeny tiny bulb (BV3). This one did already have some live roots, and I left those alone. Still no sign of any other change from it, but I will give it time.